Monday, July 1, 2013

Ipoh Sin Yoon Loong Coffee Shop

Sin Yoon Long is one of the best known coffee shop in Old Town, Ipoh, where the famous white coffee is said to be originating from. It's said that the coffee tastes better in the morning, hot coffee. Besides coffee there are also other cuisines that one must try at the Coffee shop.


Talking about its coffee, white coffee, it may not be the favorite of every "Ipoh gias", but it is surely one of the best in the town especially in the morning. The white coffee is brewed with a traditional sieve, it is so aromatic that after you take a sip, the aroma of coffee is still lingering in your mouth, there is no sour taste that sometimes I can taste in some coffee. And one can even smell the strong aroma of coffee.


Usually I order caramel custard for my friend, an egg custard with sweet caramel served on a saucer. It is cold but not freeze, it is so soft yet set, as you shake the saucer slightly, you can see the whole custard shivers. A fantastic complement to the aromatic hot white coffee.


Talking bout complement to white coffee, how can I miss out toast bread with butter and kaya. He is using a device to toast the bread but I can't tell out he uses charcoal or it is electrical. But if toast bread is swept with butter instead of margarine, it usually tastes better. Take a piece and dunk it in the coffee is the way you should savor its taste.


For me, the noodle which the locals call "Liu Fen" in Sin Yoon Long is quite special than the rest may be its because the rich taste of the "pork fat" in the noodle sauce makes it so appetizing but when I clear up the plate I feel full.

I love all the Fish ball, Meat ball, Minced pork Ball that is served in a bowl of tasty soup. I believe that they  make it themselves and especially the minced pork ball ( the dark color one ) is so tasty and the texture is so chewy and firm but not too hard.

I don't have a picture of the stall but it is just positioned at the left of the shop front.







My favorite 

The barbecue pork is also very famous here. During weekend or festive season, there will be a big crowd here and almost every table there are a plate of the chopped barbecue pork, you can tell whether it is good.












Information about Sin Yoon Long Coffee Shop
Business Hours: 6.00am - 5.00pm
Address : 
15A, Jalan Bandar Timah, 
30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. 
Telephone: +605-5469788
Fax: +605-5483266
Website: http://www.mycofe.com.my/

No comments: