Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hard Rock Cafe

Today, we had a team building activity in Tanjung Bungah, Penang. I was so excited to know we will have our lunch in .Hard Rock Cafe. Well, we needed to make our order before departing, in order to save our time for waiting. We were given 3 options:-

i) Cheese Bacon Burger

ii) Pulled pork sandwich

iii) Boneless Smoked BBQ Chicken

They look damn nice, aren't they?

The foods here were served in huge portion, many of us actually couldn't finish the food. The dish I tried was Cheese Bacon Burger. I ordered this as I thought it was pork bacon. However, it was actually beef. Oh gosh, I don't like beef. Okay, I had not choice and I was forced to take it.

I would say the cheese bacon was nicely cooked, but I don't enjoyed. I don't like the smell of beef. So let's talk about the fries. This lunch set was served with fries. Their fries was very nice and it truly caught my appetite. It was not oily and it was crispy as I was eating potato chips. Normally the fries served in other restaurant likes Manhanttan Fish Market, Nandos are more oily. It wasn't here. Thus, I pretty like the fries.


Side dishes
I thought they will serve with mushroom soup, they served onion soup instead. It is distasteful, oily and the smell of onion fragrance was too strong. It was not a ordinary soup and I saw many of my colleagues just tried for at most 2 table spoons, and they started to leave down the spoon and chose to continue chatting instead of enjoying the soup.

Beatles 

Service 
Actually, we requested a microphone from the management when we booked for carrying out a small activity in the cafe. They agreed to lend us at first place. While, they changed their mind when there were few walk-in customers. The reason provided by the management was they need to respect the customers. Okay well, there were just 2 of them, and our group have about 70 people. So " don't you have to respect us?" One of my colleague, the MC needed to shout to run the activity. While, there was one funny scene. Actually, the crews, the customers in other tables were all looking at the games we played. But, for sure, they can't hear clearly what my colleague said. So, if the management do think from all perspective, and they lend us the mic, we probably can help them to have a free entertainment to their customers.

Above all, the experience I had was totally under expectation. I estimated this lunch costs us at least few thousand. The services and food do not worth this amount paid. I would suggest to go for a buffet in hotel instead.

No comments: