Saturday, June 9, 2012

Humble Beginnings Crepe Cake

I tried this cake once when we were celebrating a uni's friend birthday. His GF ordered crepe cake AKA "thousand layer cake" in Mandarin. That was our first time to try this type of cake, we were so surprised to its deliciousness. The multi layers cake and the vanilla cream in between have made the cake taste so much different. Besides, the cake was very smooth which have allured us to try more.

Humble Beginning : -
Humble Beginnings’ Creations are essentially Mille Crepes. A Mille Crepe is a French Cake with “mille” meaning “a thousand”.
In our Creations, there are 20 layers of crepes with a delightful combination of Fresh Cream and Vanilla Custard between each layer.
The topmost layer is caramelized to give it a nice smoky sugary flavour. Everything is hand-made and hand-layered; a true labour of love.

Khang's GF ordered the 1/2 kg cake and there were more than 10 of us, so each and everyone can only try a very small slice of the cake. The little amount magnified the tastiness of the cake and it succeed to capture my attention and it has insist me to try again.

I ordered again in my 21st bday. Instead of booking online, I called the PIC in Penang. Well, I was really frustrated that time. There was only one line dealing with booking in Penang area, I had called for several times to reach the person. Well, okay. When I reached him, the line was not stable, and the person was rude. I was really upset at that time. however, I still decided to purchase the cake as I wanted to give my family members to try on this crepe cake too on my special day. | I'm turning to a lady soon |

In Butterworth, they will send the cake to a Floral Shop besides, Tao Cuisine in Auto City, Juru. We have to pick it up by myself. To be honest, the cake was nice to be served in small portion. Everyone of us can't afford to take more than 2 pieces because it was so creamy.


The cake without topping


Oreo flavor
I tried Oreo, Vanilla flavor before. Both of them are the remarkable flavor in their shop. Another feature of the cake that attracts me is the sweetness. It is not so sweet and I believe that this is one of the added attraction to those who are health conscious.

People, you can order one for the birthday celebration. It is a fine cuisine to share with family.


* Humble Beginnings have their shop opened in Straits Quay, Penang now. Many of my friends have tried it. All I heard was positive feedback.* 




Humble beginnings' information :
Contact numbers:
Johor Bahru : +6012 6358035
Kuala Lumpur/ Petaling Jaya : +6017 2458035
Penang/Prai : +6012 4858035
Singapore : +65 64921695
Website : http://www.humblebeginnings.com.my/
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/HumbleBeginningsMilleCrepe
Price :
1/2 kg : RM72
1kg : RM92
add RM12 with topping

You may also like : another Crepe Cake in Penang

No comments: