Thursday, December 6, 2012

West Garden 西公园 Penang ( See Kong Ooi)

The original sign board that is hang for 70 years

The restaurant stands for more than 70 years of business, from 1940s

See Kong Ooi is probably one the longest standing restaurants that has witnessed the growth and changes of Georgetown. 

This restaurant is renowned for its traditional Chinese food

I can say that there are no fancy, but definitely traditionally delicious food
Dining here is akin to savouring my granny's cooking in my hometown
Probably because I have been eating too much of fast food and other stuff in the city
I will start to miss my home town cooking
Something these kinds of simple yet with "home town" taste whets my appetite better these days


The restaurant locates in Transfer road, just google map "Transfer road" 
An old shop
Simple yet neat, nothing fancy




 Check out some food that we ordered


Belacan Fried Chicken, the aroma is as good as other Balacan Fried Chicken, but the texture of the meat is better
This is the best, it really reminded of my mum cooking,  Steamed pork with salted fish
Kang Kung, it is always my favorite, take a spoon of rice with the sauce and kang kung, simply nice
A Menu for your reference
Another side of the Menu, the last one is "sweet and sour pork"
I heard that, the Curry fish or fish head and Sambal prawn are best, But we were not in good condition to take spicy food that night.
Should try them in the next time. 



See kong ooi information :-
Operation days : 8am to 6pm (Closed on Sundays)
Location :
7 & 9 Transfer Road, 
10050 Penang, Malaysia
Contact number : +6018-4092256 /+6016-4449990
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/seekongooi


** For your information they may need to move to a new location, please pay a visit asap before they are moving. Selling of the shophouse by land owner

No comments: